20 June 2008

WHAT A DEAL!

There are a lot of good deals going around baseball right now; in fact, MLB.com has been writing articles about them all week.  

But I have to, of course, highlight my team’s stadium.  The deals for players – i.e. Jon Garland which I still don’t completely trust, and the deal over Torii Hunter which I now fully support – are not the only good deals going on at Angels Stadium. 

Ha! And you thought I was just going to talk about players' deals... psh!

I was sitting in class (teaching) about a week ago, and the kids were all watching a movie (I hate block schedule).  Being the resourceful woman that I am, I brought my laptop with me.  Perusing about the sports websites bookmarked on my internet browser, I came across an article on the Angels’ team site talking about “bargains.”  On the article was a link to their special ticketing information, and the first one on there was something about the series against the Mets.  By typing in the password “mets,” 

you could get selected seating for $3 for upper view, $5 for lower view, and $20 for some of the good ground level seats.  So I said “why the hell not?” whipped out my credit card and bought a pair on the spot.  Oh the benefits of wi-fi!

Wednesday night’s game was the game of choice, and I’d bought two tickets in section 425, row F.  FIVE BUCKS! That’s it! On our way to the park we hit up the ever-so-close Del Taco and got ourselves a couple Del’s Deals, paid our $8 for parking, walked ourselves up to our seats, and parked ourselves for the rest of the game. 

Now the game itself was a pretty good one, despite the loss in the tenth inning.  Garland gave up three runs in the first six innings, while the Angels struggled for their first hit, which came in the fourth, and then finally rallied nicely for four before the end of the game.  Unfortunately, the Angels divulged the win to the Mets in extra innings, after Frankie Rodriguez gave up his save for the first time in 26 attempts, and Justin Speier gave up another run in the tenth to give the Mets the go-ahead.  Aside from that, not too bad of a game, and not too bad of seats either, despite being seemingly high up.

For me, personally, it was great.  Even though I was hoping to be just above Casey Kotchman at first base, though he did come into the game in the last few innings, I did get to see my favorite, Reggie Willits, start in left field.  Wearing his jersey, I was chanting his name all night.  And I got quite a few pictures of him.  Here’s a sample:

Tickets to the game, section 425 row F seats 21 and 22:  $10.00

Printable online tickets, and convenience charges: $7.30

Two Del’s Deals and “Macho” drinks: $6.78 +tax

Stadium parking: $8.00

Going to the Angels game with one of your best friends: 

PRICELESS.

No comments:

Post a Comment